C&W Networks And Te Subcom Extend Pan-Caribbean Partnership To Provide Capacity Upgrades To Multiple Cable Systems
SubCom’s ECLink Regional Upgrade will enable C&W Networks to fulfill broadband, IP capacity and service demands across a fast-growing region.
C&W Networks, a division of Cable & Wireless Communications, (C&W), one of the largest full service communications and entertainment providers in the Caribbean and Latin American region, now part of Liberty Global (LiLAC Group), is pleased to announce that it has signed an agreement with TE SubCom, a TE Connectivity Ltd. (NYSE:TEL) company and an industry pioneer in undersea communications technology, to complete an immediate upgrade to the ECLink (Trinidad-Curacao) system. ECLink is the latest regional system within C&W Networks’ 48,000 km of subsea fiber to receive an upgrade to its capacity using TE SubCom technology. The agreement upholds TE SubCom’s presence in the Caribbean and extends its 15-year-long relationship with C&W Networks.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Built in 2007 by TE SubCom, ECLink is a 938 km regional undersea cable system connecting Trinidad and Curacao.
- The upgraded system will be designed to accommodate five 100 Gb plug-and-play wavelengths and will have two 100 Gb wavelengths activated.
- The plug-and-play design enables cable station personnel to easily install and provision the transceiver to efficiently provide additional capacity and meet consistently growing customer capacity needs.
Fifteen Years of Successful Partnership
- The ECLink upgrade follows a similar 100 Gb plug-and-play upgrade to C&W Networks’ CFX-1, the fastest route between the United States and Colombia.
- CFX-1 is a 2,500 km regional cable system manufactured and installed by TE SubCom and entered into service in 2008 to provide high bandwidth connectivity between Boca Raton, Florida, U.S.A., and Cartagena, Colombia and a branch to Morant Point, Jamaica.
- Since first engaging with C&W Networks in 2001, TE SubCom has constructed and upgraded three regional systems, including the ARCOS, Trinidad Curacao and CFX-1 networks. Each originally designed for 10Gbps transmission, TE SubCom has, in recent years, increased capacity by 2Tb/s across the three networks.
“We’re excited to once again partner with TE SubCom and pleased to have chosen them as the provider for the ECLink regional upgrade,” said Paul Scott, president of C&W Networks. “Our capacity upgrades across the Pan-Caribbean region will help us meet the high performance and network reliability needed so we can offer better and faster services that meet the ever evolving needs of our wholesale carrier customers.”
“We value C&W Networks’ continued preference for our company’s technology portfolio and regional expertise in support of these upgrades,” said Michael Rieger, vice president, TE SubCom. “As with all our customers, our goal is to build a partnership based on long-term vision, support and dependability."
This announcement provides an update on the Third Quarter performance and financial position of the Group since the six months ended 30 September 2015.
Cable & Wireless Communications plc results for the six months ending 30 September 2015
This announcement provides an update on the First Quarter performance and financial position of the Group since the year ended 31 March 2015. Interim results for the period ending 30 September 2015 are expected to be announced on 5…
Cable & Wireless Reports Preliminary Results For The Period Ended December 31, 201616 February, 2017
QTD Rebased Revenue Growth of 1% to $594 million ; Jamaica Mobile Subscriber Base Over 900,000; Up 56,000 in Quarter; Panama "Mast3r" Bundles Gaining Traction
Flow customers will now have even more access to international news with the addition of the Sky News HD network to Flow TV’s channel line-up. Sky News was the first 24/7 breaking news network in Britain, and is one of the…
Fashion Forward: Flow Customers In For A Treat As Monday Night Tv Heats Up With Caribbean’s Next Top Model Season 3 On Flow127 January, 2017
Flow customers will have front row seats as Caribbean’s Next Top Model (CaribeNTM) Season 3 heats up Monday night television with its double-length series premiere on January 30th at 9 pm – exclusively on Flow1, formerly known as Flow TV. Over…