C&W Communications Announces New Brands
6 May, 2015
Following the completion of the merger of Cable & Wireless Communications (CWC) and Columbus International on 31 March 2015, CWC today announces new corporate and consumer-facing brands for the combined Group, which will be rolled out in the coming months in markets where the necessary regulatory approvals have been obtained.
- CWC will operate under the corporate banner C&W Communications.
- A refreshed Flow will be the unified consumer-facing brand throughout the Caribbean, replacing the former LIME and Flow businesses. (Mas Movil and BTC will be retained as the consumer-facing brands in Panama and The Bahamas, respectively).
- C&W Networks will be the brand representing the wholesale submarine and terrestrial fibre optic cables of C&W Communications, and the former Columbus Networks/JVCO business.
- C&W Business will be the business-facing brand across the whole group, replacing the former CWC Business Solutions, Columbus Business Solutions and Sonitel brands.
Phil Bentley, CEO of C&W Communications said, “This is the beginning of a new and exciting chapter for us. With feedback from our customers and team members, we have refined our portfolio of brands to ensure they really represent the strengths of the combined group.”
He added, “Flow, with its bold blue colour, captures the essence of the Caribbean sea and sky, and is renowned for innovation, technical excellence and great customer service. It is time to say ‘goodbye’ to our old friend, LIME, as we look forward to defining new levels of customer service and product innovation under the refreshed Flow brand. We will be rebranding our stores, our vehicles, and our uniforms to Flow, and we plan to ‘paint’ the entire Caribbean blue.”
In the Wholesale and Business markets in which the company operates, Bentley said, “C&W Communications has been a trusted company throughout the region for over a century. It was the first company to lay subsea cables in the Caribbean and across the Panamanian Isthmus. Our research, conducted with business customers, indicated deep confidence and trust in the C&W brand, in terms of reliability and resilience in our markets, whilst meeting the increasingly complex needs of our business customers.”
Over the next few months, customers will be able to experience some of the cutting-edge innovation that C&W plans to bring to the market. The group will formally launch the new brands on a phased, country by country basis, as new and exciting products and services are introduced.
Bentley concluded: “We are committed to creating a combined group with a new culture of innovation and technical excellence – backed by major investments – putting our customers at the heart of our business.”
- Also in Press Releases
- C&W’s Garry Sinclair Showcased Innovative Flow Lend App at the CTU’s ICT Symposium
Cable and Wireless President, Caribbean, Garry Sinclair addresses delegates at… Read on
- Flow airs Library of Caribbean Focused Content
Caribbean viewers to access ‘CaribbeanTales’ on demand Read on
- Jamaican Shamique Simms Is the New Caribbean’s Next Top Model
Shamique Simms, Winner of Caribbean’s Next Top Model 2017 Shamique Simms… Read on
- Flow’s Ultimate Football Experience Attracts Top Manchester United Star
Quinton Fortune, Coach and Former Player to Make Appearance … Read on