C&W Panama is the second largest socially responsible company of the country
21 December, 2015
• The study was performed using a sample of 1,400 people. • Some initiatives are highlighted, such as the contribution to the general community development.
Cable & Wireless Panama is recognized as the second largest socially responsible company in the country according to the results of the 2nd Ranking on the most responsible companies carried out by the consultant Dichter & Neira in Central America.
This study, which concerns the position of companies regarding sustainability awareness, provides an overview on market trends “or, at least, how consumers understand them,” indicates Dichter & Neira.
In Panama, this study places the Central Bank, Cable & Wireless Panama, Almacenes El Campeón, Cable Onda, El Machetazo, the Panama Canal, TVN, the Government, Mc Donald´s, and Grupo Rey in the top ten.
- Some of the interests the public has emphasized are: the support for low income people, campaigns that protect the environment, the contribution to the general community development, and the investment in sports and cultural activities for children.
According to Agustín de la Guardia, Executive President and General Manager of Cable & Wireless Panama, “This is the result of applying our ‘Connecting Communities, Transforming Lives’ mission every day and of the joint work of all collaborators throughout the country.”
The study was performed within the universe of consumers between 18 and 69 years of age who belong to a C+ and C socio-economic level. A sample was taken of 1,400 people (sampling error of ± 2.6%) from the capitals of seven Central American countries.
- Also in Press Releases
- C&W Networks Expands Capabilities Via Point-Of-Presence In Jacksonville, Florida
Better customer support, more advanced connectivity via the state-of-the-art node… Read on
- C&W Networks And Te Subcom Extend Pan-Caribbean Partnership To Provide Capacity Upgrades To Multiple Cable Systems
SubCom’s ECLink Regional Upgrade will enable C&W Networks to fulfill… Read on
- Flow Study Gets More Caribbean Students Closer To Examination Success
...an online portal to help students better prepare for the… Read on
- Flow’s Summer And Back To School Initiatives Get Students Ready For The New Academic Year
Thousands of students around the region are now primed for… Read on